Health & Safety Policy
Stork Solutions Ltd regards good health and safety practice as a vital part of its business. It is therefore Stork Solutions Ltd’s policy for management and employees at all levels to do all that is reasonably practicable to attain the highest level of health and safety.
Our aim is to prevent injury and protect from any foreseeable harm all staff, contractors and members of the general public, who come into contact with Stork Solutions Ltd and any of its undertakings.
The management has a responsibility to:
- Provide and maintain a safe place and systems of work, without risk to health and safety as far a reasonably practicable taking into account any statutory requirements
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment, ensuring that statutory and manufacturer’s requirements are met
- Ensure that all employees are adequately trained and informed before commencing work
- Ensure that all procedures/processes, which may involve hazards, are covered by suitable risk assessments. The findings of the risk assessments are to be updated as necessary and employees informed of their contents
- Provide training, information and supervision to enable employees to perform their work safely and efficiently
- Make available all necessary protective equipment to ensure safe working conditions and to supervise its use
- Investigate all accidents to identify the root cause and to ensure that lessons learned are disseminated to avoid further accidents
- Audit health and safety systems at least every 18 months to ensure they continue to work effectively
- Consult with our employees or their elected representatives on matters concerning health and safety
- Ensure that the same standard of health and safety is provided to other persons who may be affected by our undertaking
- Communicate the contents of this policy to their staff by consultation meetings
- Make the necessary personnel and financial resources available to implement this policy
Employees have a duty to cooperate with the management in the operation of the policy by:
- Working safely and efficiently not endangering their own or other’s safety
- Using protective equipment provided and meeting statutory obligations
- Reporting incidents that have led or may lead to injury or damage
- Reporting of defective equipment and unsafe situations
- Adhering to work practice procedures, jointly agreed on their behalf, for securing a safe workplace
- Assisting in the investigation of accidents with the object of introducing measures to prevent a recurrence
The policy will be kept up to date, particularly as Stork Solutions Ltd changes in nature and size. To ensure this, the policy, and the way it is implemented, will be reviewed annually.