The SLS series of submersible level transmitters have been developed using an isolated diaphragm silicon piezo-resistive sensing element housed in a robust stainless steel housing.
It has an integrated moulded cable assembly to provide permanent submersible in liquids up to 100m depth for continuous operation. The internal electronics are designed to convert the analogue output from the piezo-resistive silicon sensor into SDI-12 digital communications which provides the level and temperature readings as a serial output using the environmentally friendly SDI-12 version 1.4 protocol.
Coupled with our powerful SDi-12 communications software, this enables the user to calibrate the sensor and offers settings for built in density correction using the integrated temperature sensor. There is also the ability to connect up to 9 sensors, data log and diagnose the communications between the device and software.
The onboard 16-bit microprocessor enables a high level of linearisation, temperature compensation and calibration to be performed ensuring the highest accuracy, stability and repeatability are met for demanding applications such as environmental monitoring and flood defence systems.
We also provide a USB interface (part number: USB-SDI12-PRO) for the SLS-D which powers the sensor from the USB port and enables communication the Stork DCT SDI-12 "Device Configuration Tool". This software means you can connect up to 10x SDI-12 devices to your PC for configuration and data logging purposes which is ideal when you have setup a site and want to test functionality before you turn on and rely on your battery or solar powered solution.
The Stork DCT Software has the following features:
- Ability to turn density correction on/off which further improves the overall system accuracy of your measurements
- Auto Zero or Zero adjust, ideal for installations where you need to adjust for Local Datum or Ordnance Datum (maOD Newlyn, Cornwall)
- Define the pressure/level and temperature units the device outputs
- Adjust the filter settings and sample rates
- Data log the connected sensors (up to 10 at one time) to the PC/Laptop
- For the more experienced user there is a 'Calibration Mode' which can be used to perform annual calibrations on the device
The Stork DCT comes free when you purchase the 'USB-SDI12-PRO' USB interface or you can easily download it from the website here: Download the Stork DCT