The IWR-PORT Ethernet Gateway provides a link between wireless sensors and sensor networks and Industrial Ethernet or RS-232/485 networks.
This allows wireless transmitters to be incorporated into new or existing Industrial Ethernet or RS-232/485 data monitoring and control networks.
The IWR-PORT can interface with standard 10/100Base-T Ethernet networks giving access to the standard MODBUS TCP protocol, ensuring compatibility with most industrial automation systems. MODBUS RTU is available when an RS-232/485 network is used.
Multiple battery powered sensors transmit data at programmable intervals to an IWR-PORT receiver which can transfer the data onto an Ethernet or RS-232/485 network.
Data from up to 128 nodes can be stored on one IWR-PORT module and up to 16 networks can co-exist together. All parameters are stored as Modbus registers.
- 2.4GHz Wireless to Comms Gateway
- Enables easy add-on of wireless networks to existing Ethernet or RS-232/485 systems
- Allows remote sensors to be incorporated into an Ethernet or RS-232/485 network without the need for expensive cabling
- Optional analogue & digital outputs can be obtained using SC-ISOSLICE modules
- Simple cable replacement installation
– dispense with expensive cable runs
- Environmental monitoring
– pumping stations, sewage plants, water treatment
- Facilities management
– boiler rooms, plant hydraulics, plant pneumatics
- Asset monitoring
– tanks farms, process plants, HVAC and building management
- Service Contract
– temporary installation for servicing and field trials